How to link Mobile Number with Aadhaar using OTP?
Aadhaar Card linking to bank accounts is done through mobile phones, by visiting the nearest bank branch, through SMS, ATM, and online banking.
Aadhaar Card, the unique identification card, is issued by India's Government for its citizens. Its unique 12-digit number called the Aadhaar Number is based on the individual’s specific biometric and demographic data.
The Government has made it compulsory to link Aadhaar with a mobile number. Even the banks have the authority to deactivate bank accounts that aren't linked with Aadhaar. The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has declared by 31 March 2021, everyone must link their bank accounts with their Aadhaar Cards.
The verification of the mobile number with Aadhaar is free within a few seconds. To link Mobile Number with Aadhaar using OTP, follow the steps below:
- Telephone toll-free number 14546.
- Select whether you're an Indian resident or NRI.
- Give your approval to re-verify Aadhaar by pressing 1.
- You'll have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it by pressing 1.
- OTP will generate and it'll be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Give approval to your telecom operator for accessing your details from UIDAI.
- The IVR will disclose the last four digits of your mobile number.
- If it is correct, enter the OTP received.
- Press 1 to complete the process.