Types of Accounts in PMJDY
There are two types of accounts available in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana:
- Zero Balance Account:
- It refers to the savings accounts that can be maintained with zero balance.
- Maximum two members of a family can have a Zero Balance Account.
- It is also known as Basic Savings Deposit Account (BSBDA).
- Small Account:
- It is also known as Chota Khata Account.
- It is designed for those section of the population which do not possess any relevant documents to open a bank account under this scheme.
- It only requires two copies of self-attested photographs to open the account.