SSY scheme acts as financial support offered by India's Government to assist the parents of the girl child. Samriddhi Account (SSA) can be opened only for the girl child up to the age of 10 years. The legal guardians or biological parents can open this account on behalf of their girl children. The necessary documents required at the time of opening of SSA are listed below:
1. You should have an SSA opening form that is easily obtained from an authorized post office branch or a bank branch.
2. The girl child's birth certificate is mandatory.
3. Any one identity proof i.e., Driving License, Ration Card, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card of the depositor is required.
4. Any one address proof i.e., electricity bill, passport, driving license, ration card, telephone bill of the depositor is required for opening the Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA).
5. Photographs are also required along with the above mentioned documents.