Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is considered to be the best investment scheme in India. Everyone wants to take advantage of this scheme, but everyone is not eligible for it. Following are the eligibility criteria for SSY:
Eligibility Criteria for the Girl Child:
1. The nationality of the beneficiary should be Indian.
2. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is only launched for the girl children. Only female children are eligible to claim the benefits of SSY scheme.
3. Age is also one of the mandatory factors here in this scheme. The age of girl child should not be more than ten years. However, the grace period of one year is allowed, which means operators can open an account for a girl child within a year of her turning ten years of age.
4. The age proof of the girl child has to be submitted while applying for this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for the Operators:
1. Only legal guardians or biological parents are eligible to open the accounts on behalf of their girl children.
2. A legal guardian or parent can open a maximum of two accounts for their girl children while in case of twins or triplets, a legal guardian or parent is eligible to open up to three accounts.