What is PO SCSS (Senior Citizen Savings Scheme)?
- As the name suggests, this scheme is exclusively for the elderly.
- An individual should be 60 or more in order to open an account under this scheme.
- The interest rates payable are 6.5% per annum, compounded quarterly and paid.
- This scheme has a maturity period of five years and the maximum amount can’t exceed Rs15 Lakhs.
- For an amount under Rs 1 lakh, the account can be opened via cash. For an amount above 1 lakh, however, you have to open the account through cheque.
- Only the spouse can be the joint account-holder. You can open as many accounts as you want. The account is transferrable.
Check Total wealth you can create using PO SCSS Calculator
- Mutual Fund Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- ELSS Calculator
- Mutual Fund Risk Calculator
- Mutual Fund Retirement Planning Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- 14 Best ICICI Bank Credit Cards in India 2022
- 7 Best IndusInd Bank Credit Cards In India 2022
- Monetary Policy of India- Definition, Types, Instruments, and Objectives of Monetary Policy
- What is Inflation and the Effects of Inflation- The Complete Guide on Inflation
- Top 12 Zero Balance Savings Accounts in India for 2022
- Benefits of Having Multiple Savings Accounts
- Why Should You Choose a Personal Loan for You or Your Family?
- How to Open a Neobank Account Online and Why to use a Neobank
- What’s the Significance of Insured Value in Car Insurance? How to Calculate IDV- The Complete Guide
- Complete Guide on What are Neobanks- How Neobanks Function, Pros and Cons of Neobanks