Once you make purchases using your SBI credit card, you have got to pay the used amount back to the bank. This must be done once your SBI credit card statement is generated for a particular period. SBI credit card offers a few ways, each online and offline, to pay your credit card bill quickly and conveniently. Each method features a totally different payment processing time, that you need to be aware before initiating credit card bill payment.
These are the widely used methods for online payment of credit card bill. You can follow the underwritten steps for making the payment.
Processing time- Instant
- To pay your SBI credit card outstanding balance using your SBI debit card, simply visit https://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgijsp/sbicard/SBI_card.jsp
- Now enter your SBI credit card number with the other necessary details that are asked for.
- Click on 'Pay Now'.
Processing time- Instant
- To make payment for your SBI credit card through UPI, download the BHIM SBI Pay and set BHIM SBI Pay login account and register along with your phone number.
- Now setup VPA (Virtual Payment Address) and create your UPI pin.
- To pay your credit card bill, choose 'Pay by VPA' (Virtual Payment Address). this could be the 16-digit number of your SBI credit card.
- Then enter the payment amount and select 'Go'. After this, verify the bank account MPIN and choose 'Submit'.
- The payment status can immediately get reflected in your account.
SBI ACCOUNT HOLDER (ONLINE PAYMENT)
SBI offers a few other methods of Online Bill Payment.
- Online SBI
- Payment-Pay Online
- Mobile Application
- SBI Auto Debit
- National Automated Clearing House
- Credit Card
- Electronic Bill Payment
SBI ACCOUNT HOLDER (OFFLINE PAYMENT)
People who are not comfortable with online bill payment can opt for offline payment of bills. SBI offers a few other methods of Offline Bill Payment.
- Over the Counter
- Electronic Drop Box
- Manual drop Box
- SBI ATM
Moratorium on SBI Credit Card Bill Payment under RBI’s COVID-19 regulatory
Following the guidelines mentioned in RBI’s COVID-19 regulative Package, SBI Card is permitting its cardholders the facility to avail moratorium on bill payments. Here are the necessary highlights of this facility:
- All credit card holders who are making bill payments frequently and don't have any overdue are eligible for the moratorium
- Interest charges are going to be applicable on the outstanding amount even during the moratorium period
- Late payment charges won't be applicable
- To opt for a moratorium, you need to place a letter of invitation with the bank five days before the payment due date
- This is not a discharge of the outstanding amount or EMI, simply a deferment till August 2020
- Cardholders will need to pay the whole outstanding amount along with the accumulated interest charges on the next due date after August 2020
- Opting for the moratorium period won't have an effect on your credit score
For more details related to the COVID-19 Moratorium period.
These are some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by customers related to SBI Credit Card.